Help! How do i stimulate my baby?
Are you also wondering what to do with your baby all day? Relax, stimulating your baby is easier than you might expect.
For a small child, the whole world is new – to discover it at a slow pace at home is often enough. Give yourself and your baby time to get to know each other and your surroundings. We’ve gathered a few easy and age-appropriate activities that will strengthen the bond between you and your little sweetheart.
• Make funny faces and see if your child mimics you.
• Carry your child in a baby carrier and dance around in your home as you listen to your favourite music.
• A young baby usually finds sitting in a baby bouncer with natural rocking very exciting. Plus, it stimulates your child’s motor skills and balance.
• Play peek-a-boo.
• Give your child a cosy and relaxing massage.
• Add a toy bar to your baby bouncer – this sparks curiosity and is usually very entertaining.
• Play together on the floor and let your child climb on you.
• Explore the outdoors – this is a great way to strengthen your bond and to get your child excited about nature.
• Hold your baby in your lap and look at a picture book together
9 – 12 months
• Build a tower of blocks.
• Visit the playground. It’s rewarding for both of you to meet other children and parents.
• Let your child explore the wardrobe or a sock drawer