How can i get my baby to sleep—7 great tips!
Are you spending hours trying to get your baby to sleep, only to end up wondering what you should have done differently? Here you’ll find tips to help your baby sleep through the night.
1. Always stick to the same, cosy bedtime routine.
2. Check that your baby has a clean nappy and a full tummy.
3. If your baby uses a dummy, keep spare ones close to their cot so that you can easily find them when your child wakes up at night.
4. Make the cradle snug and cosy with a canopy, and play some soothing music or sing a lullaby.
5. Carry your child in a baby carrier before going to bed – the gentle rocking and being close to you will help your baby to settle down.
6. Wind down for the last hour or two before bedtime.
7. If you’ve carried your baby in a baby carrier until they’re drowsy, put them in the cot before they’ve fallen asleep (if your baby is happy about this, of course). This can help your child to fall asleep on their own.